Friday, February 18, 2011

You Matter

Do you feel worthless and unneeded? No, this is not a commercial for a teen help line. This is a real question. I think that everyone does at some point in their life. sometimes they act on it and hurt themselves or go even more drastic then that. Some people find the strength or just keep putting one foot in front of the other, like Jesus wants us too. 

My friend, Melody of "From His Point of View" (http://fromhispointofview--melody-katherine.blogspot.com/) and I have been reading Romans. We read a chapter a day and we've been at it for nine days. Well, last night as I read Romans 9, I came across a passage that almost made me cry. Romans 9:27 says

 If each grain of sand on the seashore were numbered
      and the sum labeled "chosen of God,"
   They'd be numbers still, not names;
      salvation comes by personal selection.
   God doesn't count us; he calls us by name.
      Arithmetic is not his focus.

This is a promise that I will hold onto for the rest of my life. Don't you think that if God, the creator of EVERYTHING (the planets, the stars, animals, you.... the list goes on and on...) calls your name that you're worth something? Jesus still would have died if you were the only person on the planet. That's how much he loves you. So tell me... Do you feel worthless and unneeded now?

Black Swan

1 comment:

  1. Hols Guacamola! I like it! You should read my True Love post. It kinda relates to your "You Matter" post. :) Love ya missy!

    ReplyDelete